Happy Thursday peeps! Also, Happy Valentine’s Day 🌹💗💘 I’ve been in a committed relationship for almost 7 years now and we never celebrate Valentine’s Day tbh. I feel like we should celebrate our loved ones all year round! But you know who can use some more love?? ME (I’m sure you do too) 😂 So I decided to do a self love ritual spell to reup some loving vibes for numero uno.
While lurking on Instagram this weekend, I saw a ritual scrub for self lovery and I thought it was a great idea! But as I don’t like copying shit verbatim, I remixed the recipe and was inspired to make up my own ritual… Because why the fuck not??
Self care is so important. Even something as simple as using a nice cleanser and some body exfoliation can really make a world of difference in your mood… And in your life. You should definitely take some time for yourself every day to cleanse off the bullshit 🙄 add a little bit of magic and you can’t go wrong IMHO.
Soooo yeah 😀 I DIY’d a Himalayan sea salt scrub with lavender and rose petals on Sunday! I initially made the scrub for the ritual… Y’know witchy things and all that 😉 but it’s actually a really great body exfoliator on its own so I decided to share the recipe and my custom ritual with you!
Self Love Valentine’s Day Scrub 💝
- Pink Himalayan sea salt (for cleansing, purification, and protection)
- Sunflower oil (for protection, health, and wisdom)
- Safflower oil (for love, healing and happiness)
- Grapeseed oil (for money and strengthening mental abilities)
- Rose essential oil (for love, tranquility, and to ease depression)
- Lavender essential oil (for relaxation, healing and purifying)
- Rose petals (same as the oil)
- Lavender buds (same as the oil)
In a pint sized container, I added the salt and filled it about halfway. I added 2 tablespoons of lavender buds and about the same amount of dried (and crushed) rose petals. I mixed in equal parts of the carrier oils (Sunflower, etc) to fill the container to almost full, then added 10 drops of each essential oil and mixed. I added more sea salt because it was a little too wet 😏 and I wanted a crumbly texture. I don’t have exact measurements, so you kinda have to wing it to your liking.
Self Love Ritual
Best if done in the evening. Doesn’t have to be done on Valentine’s Day either… Whenever you’re feeling sad or need a pick me up is fine too 💜
- Light some rose incense or light a rose scented candle in your bathroom. You can light additional pink/red candles if you wish.
- Take a shower (or bath) with your most luxurious cleanser. As you clean your body, imagine all negative thoughts washing away.
- After washing, scoop out some scrub and rub clockwise all over your body while you think positively and say aloud:
“I free myself from negative thoughts and circumstances. I love myself and treasure this vessel I’ve been blessed to live this life in. I love myself unconditionally. I am fucking amazing and deserve all the love and compassion that I can give myself.”
- Rinse off the scrub with warm water and pat yourself dry.
- Wear something that makes you feel good.
- Do your face routine, if you have one. Make it as long and luxurious as you like.
- Drink some wine 🍷 or your favorite tea. Have some chocolate 🍫 or some other yummy sweet you like. Partake of some Mary Jane if you’re into that.
- Relax… Read a book, do some knitting (or whatever hobby you do to relax), and enjoy your evening.
I chose the oils and ingredients in the scrub with intentions specific for the ritual, but they are also excellent for your skin!
- Himalayan pink salt is a natural antiseptic (kills bacteria). It has trace elements of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sulfur, zinc, and chromium.
- Safflower oil contains the essential omega-6 fatty acid linoleic acid, Sunflower seed oil is also high in linoleic acid plus has vitamin E, and
- Grapeseed oil contains both omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. It’s also rich in vitamins C, D, and E!!
These carrier oils are all non comedogenic, anti inflammatory, and nourishing oils. I use them to make the body oil I use everyday (along with jojoba) and it’s perfect for parched dry skin. The EOs are for scent and their relaxing/anti-inflammatory/skin beautifying purposes too 😀
Mixing skincare with witchcraft has been a relevation!! It’s a great way to Mashup two of my favorite things! I love the ritual of my assorted beauty regimens so it was only a matter of time before I started including some magical intentions when I applied my various potions and lotions 😂💜
I hope you like the scrub! Do let me know if you make it and what you think…and don’t forget to take some time for yourself tonight 💜